Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Angel Yin Modest Golf A Match Made in Heaven - LPGA

She became a part of the Modest! Golf Management family on January 1, 2021, but for Angel Yin, it was a relationship that started long before and was nearly cemented four months prior.

“I signed with them because my friend Olivia Cowan signed with them [in August 2020],” said Yin, who has captured four top-10 finishes across her last eight LPGA Tour starts. “I saw on Instagram and then I messaged her about it. She was telling me all about how Modest is, how great it is. Talked to them a bit and talked to [co-founder] Mark [McDonnell]. They’re mostly based in Europe, but have been wanting to extend into the United States. They had a lot of interest in signing me, so I was like, ‘That’s really cool.’

“They’re not just focusing on golf, but very well-rounded as a company. I thought it would fit me as a character and who I am because they have a lot of activities on and off the golf course, so just felt like that really fits me well.”

For Yin, it was the aspects away from the links that really bolstered the connection.

“I have a passion of having fun,” Yin said. “It just seemed like they have a lot of fun, do extracurriculars. For example, they’re into the music industry. I’m not a singer or musician in any sense, but they have a lot of things to do. I like hiking, I like fishing. I do a lot of things outside the golf course and I felt like they have different connections between so many activities.”

Now in Northern Ireland for the inaugural ISPS Handa World Invitational, which her sports management agency Modest! Golf Management is the presenting sponsor for, Yin is even more inspired to play such a unique, competitive tournament. It’s the first tri-sanctioned event in the northern hemisphere between the LPGA, Ladies European and European Tours.

“It’s spectacular to see what they’re doing for the game of golf and how they’re growing it,” said Yin. “To have an event with men and women on the same venues, equal purse, it’s quite special. It’s like tennis and really cool to see because obviously us women have been fighting to just sniff what the men make. I feel like we deserve that, like we deserve the same spotlight because we can offer a lot.

“We just have not had the opportunity to show everyone, and when people get to see us finally in the same spotlight, I think they will really enjoy watching us and our game.”

Adblock test (Why?)


Angel Yin Modest Golf A Match Made in Heaven - LPGA
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Match Reviews: 5 Famous Under-15-Minute Matches (Goldberg/Lesnar, Ibushi/Kendrick, Dragon/Mysterio, more) – TJR Wrestling - TJR Wrestling

A great match doesn’t have to go on forever to be considered a great match. Sometimes the shorter ones are the better ones. Whether it’s bec...