Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, June 3, 2022

Iga-croyable: 'I feel like I'm playing better every match' - Roland-Garros - The 2022 Roland-Garros Tournament official site - Roland-Garros

With her sports psychologist in tow, Swiatek has been winning the mental game at Roland-Garros, as well as the tactical one. She stayed cool under the glare of many a viewfinder, dropping just one set en route to the final.

Not to mention, Swiatek developed an aura during her winning run, with her opponents already on edge by the time they strike the first ball. And with good reason: when she lost the opening set in her fourth round to Zheng Qinwen, Swiatek responded by raising her level and winning 12 of the next 14 games, 6-7(5), 6-0, 6-2.

“When I learned how to also improve during tournaments and how to loosen up during tournaments, I think it's pretty great, because the beginnings are tough,” she said. “Here I feel better and better every match, so I hope it's going to stay that way.

“It's a nice feeling to have, because usually, it's sometimes the opposite. For other players when they are going to higher rounds they are more stressed, and I'm working pretty hard at the beginning to avoid that.”

Adblock test (Why?)


Iga-croyable: 'I feel like I'm playing better every match' - Roland-Garros - The 2022 Roland-Garros Tournament official site - Roland-Garros
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Match Reviews: 5 Famous Under-15-Minute Matches (Goldberg/Lesnar, Ibushi/Kendrick, Dragon/Mysterio, more) – TJR Wrestling - TJR Wrestling

A great match doesn’t have to go on forever to be considered a great match. Sometimes the shorter ones are the better ones. Whether it’s bec...